Wednesday, March 1, 2017

for those that are joining me on this journey.  I wanted to give you an idea of how I do this.   I typically write TO Don, it makes me feel like I am talking to him directly.   I do tend to write more when I am having a rough day, only because those seem to be the days I need to talk to him the most.   so on that note.... its been a couple of good days. 

Don,
Its been a good day today, and the last couple of days actually.
I had the house measured for new windows this morning.  Its not going to cost as much as we had originally thought.   It will take a couple of weeks to get them ordered and in, and then just need to set up a date to install them.   I'm so excited to have that checked off the list of home repair.  I am also excited to see how different it makes heating/cooling the house.  no more plastic on the windows.
I think furnace and insulation is next.  anything else is cosmetic  (paint and organization)
I need to start going through the shed and garage.  Some of those things are going to Oregon this summer to your brothers and family.  I dont want to push it to last minute, so I need some decent weather for a small stretch.  I am going to have my family help go through it so that maybe it wont feel so overwelming.
This year on the anniversary of your death... the American Heart Walk will happen in Sugarhouse park.  I will have a team walking with me that day.  I cant think of a better way to celebrate you.  not sure what else I will do to honor you, but I have a few months to think of things.
not tons to tell you today, but wanted to write when it was a good day for a change.  Need to get the house cleaned up so that I can enjoy the rest of the week.
always my forever.  Love you so much ~ Ginny

No comments: