Thursday, February 11, 2010

Saying goodbye...never easy

I said goodbye to a dear friend today. Sunday early evening, I received word that my friend Steve had lost his battle with cancer. I sat here watching the Superbowl with tears in my eyes, trying to stay composed. (I've mentioned him in previous post)

He's been battling cancer for a few years, and I've had the privilege of being friends with him and his wife, and teaching 3 of their children in church. I have loved this family for 6 years now. Its hard to imagine that he is really gone, and will only have his smile and hugs in my memory for now.

It was difficult today at his funeral, sitting kiddy corner from his family. His oldest daughter kept looking back at me and kept trying to smile, but all I saw were tears poor thing, I just wanted to reach out and hug her.

It was a very draining day, however it was a nice service. Lots of fun memories were shared, and many laughs. Steve will be truly missed by many people.



Steven M. Mott 1973 ~ 2010 MAGNA- Steven Matthew Mott passed away peacefully February 7, 2010 in Magna, Utah.He was born August 4, 1973 in Denver, Colorado to Paul and Marie Walsh Mott. He married Jennifer Blundell September 14, 1996 in Bountiful, Utah; their marriage was later solemnized in the Salt Lake LDS Temple May 14, 2005. Steve was a loving husband, father, son, and brother, and he truly cherished his children. He loved spending time with his family, especially trips to Southern California and the ocean. He will be greatly missed by us all. He is survived by his wife, Jennifer; children, Dylan, Desiree, Aimee, and Emilee; parents, Paul and Marie; 10 brothers; three sisters; and many nieces and nephews.

No comments: